Question about TT before i buy- (map updates)

I been very interested in TT, but am confused exactly how the map upgrades works..i know about the MapShare program..is that a limited service for a year then expires? and does TT have its own map update software seperately or does it go with mapshare? Becuase wonder if 4 years down the line will map updates be free or i would have to pay if i wanted updates.. if anyone can clarify tom toms map updates services that would be great. thanks

Mapshare is just for minor stuff, like a one-way street that's incorrect. When a new highway or road is built, you will have to move to a new map. Mapashare can't handle this sort of change.

So far, we've had yearly updates, more or less. Sometimes recent TomTom purchasers are offered almost free or heavily discounted new maps. But older buyers have to pay the full price, which is in the $100 range, if I recall correctly.

You can usually get a few years out of a map before it is enough out of date to make you want to upgrade. After all, the older parts of cities don't change. It's mostly in the suburbs.

tomtom plus price

i am interested in buying a new tomtom can anybody tell me wahat the plus service cost????

Ask a Question