I really want to help make POI's

Guys how do i make POI's is there a program that will give you all the gps coordinates for a curtain place in the US? how do you find all of say the Mcdonalds? I really want to make some for people but dont know how to begin. can someone please help.

Same here, I would like to help creating POI.
Is list of Postal code would help to create custom POI.
What is the best method

Lately I got tired of making my own using my TomTom, so I started using TomTom Home by typing the information there individually.. but it still takes time.

I was wondering also if there is a automatic script or a smart program out there that can assist us in making this task a lot easier.

Currently I'd like to help expand the Grocery POI that one member here is doing for us. I'd like to at least help him cover the Southern parts of California at the very least.

Recently I found this program.. but I want to make sure I am going with the correct application for this. http://www.poiedit.com/

Last edited:
ya but how to get Canada USA map?

Last edited:
To make custom POI's alot of people on here use POI Edit and Google Maps or Google Earth. I use Google Earth and POI Edit....Just so you know this is very slow and time consuming it can take anywhere from a few minutes(if you only make a couple of POI's) to several hours or even days to make custom POI's. Just make sure that the POI's you are making have not already been done....It is fun and remember to make or include a custom POI BMP along with.....

Ask a Question