I could use some help

TomTom Model(s)
one second edition
Im new to this tt stuff. I just bought a tt one updated it.. I now have tt home 2.1.
My application is 7.131
my map is v665.1293.
How do i tell what edition this is 1st or second, third, .it has the slot in the bottom.
and do i have the latest map version installed?
thx in Advance.
Bryan

Does anyone know what the significance of a "New Edition" is?

I have a "TOM TOM ONE NEW EDITION US CAN" that I believe is equivalent to a 2nd edition (has the antenna connector, SD slot, etc, but also has the entire US and Canada {and Guam!} loaded on the internal memory. I've been proceeding on the assumption that for all intents it's a 2nd Edition, but it would be nice to be certain, especially since nowhere in the tomcom.com site does it make mention of such a product.

I am under the assumption that "New Addition" means that it is the 2nd addition, as that is what is was referred to when it first came out. I have only heard the 3rd edition referred to as the "3rd edition." And if it has the SD card slot on the bottom, that should verify your answer right there. The 3rd addition doesn't have the card slot. And dirt tracker, those maps are not the newest edition. There is a 6.75 map edition that has been out for some time now, and there is supposed to be a 7.xxx edition in the near future. Unfortunately to upgrade to those newer maps, you would have to buy them.

In the same boat as you Bryan. Just bought my Tom Tom One from Best Buy yesterday. I thought I was buying the new 3rd edition ONE but turns out I bought the Tom Tom ONE Limited Edition. It was a simple case of unknowledgeable salesman meets unknowledgeable customer. We both thought they were the most updated versions, expect that the V2 had the SD card and Bluetooth, so of course without really thinking straight I said, "oh they are the same price but one has expandability and bluetooth I'll take that one" Not knowing that one had the most updated maps, which I have learned is very important when buying a GPS unit. It is not until I got home did I realize I bought the older model. With a 15% restocking fee I was stuck with it. But the good news is that I plugged the unit into my computer and it updated it. Not sure what version of everything it originally came with but this is what I have now. Application 7.131 Maps US and Canada v705.1481 and Home 2.1. So it looks like I am ok for now, I think the very latest map update is 710. So far I am very pleased with the unit, very fast tracking and recalculation.

I think ill stick to dirt track racing....hahahahahahaha
This is confusing stuff, my one works ok.
just have some roads that have been shut down here in town, but still reroutes me.one instance it tells me to turn in the wrong direction. i use it for my Fedex Freight job till i get to know the outlining areas its got me to where i needed to go.

Ask a Question