How to sync 2 tomtom's

hi to all,

I am new to the site.

My question is, I have a tomtom one and recently acquired a tomtom xl s for my wife, I have been reading the threads but unfortunately I cannot find one that would relate to syncing both.

I would like to sync the old tomtom one with the xls is there a way to syncronize both so that all the stored memories in the old one can be stored in the new one also.

Would appreciate all the help.

ejjm

Ad

Advertisements

dhn

TomTom Model(s)
Go 50; Go 520
I do not believe so. You see, the settings one establishes, like favourites, recent destinations and such is stored in a file called MapSettings.cfg which resides in the specific map folder on a unit. And, the map for one unit will not be the same map as used on another. So, even the MapSettings.cfg files would not be compatible, I don't think.

You could try this: Use Explorer to see the contents of one unit. Go to the map folder and rename the MapSettings.cfg file to MapSettings.cfg.bak. Now, from a backup, copy the MapSettings.cfg file from the other unit's map folder to the first unit's map folder and see if the settings 'take'.

One caveat: if you are at the latest firmware for your unit (7.9??), I 'think', the suggestion may not work.

Before you try anything, though, make a complete Explorer, not Home, backup of each unit's contents to separate folders on your pc. Ensure hidden files/folders are showing.

Ad

Advertisements

Hi DHN,

thanks for your input, let me try that tonight and see if it works. I will let you know what happens.

appreciate it

Ask a Question