How to restore SD card

I have a Tom Tom One which had just the Great Britain maps, however I needed to travel to France so I purchased a western europe cd which contained the maps. In the process of installing my european maps I somehow erased my original GB Maps.. I have the original CD and associated packaging, however when I try to find the GB maps on the TT Home CD I am unable to locate them. I did not make a back-up prior to carrying out this upgrade of maps and have since reset my PC back to factory settings.

Is there anyway I can restore my SD card back to the original GB maps?

Regards
Steve

Yikes, The backup is pretty much the only way unless you send it in to tomtom to get reinstalled.

If you had the unit within the 30 days, exchange it for another.

I have a Tom Tom One which had just the Great Britain maps, however I needed to travel to France so I purchased a western europe cd which contained the maps. In the process of installing my european maps I somehow erased my original GB Maps.. I have the original CD and associated packaging, however when I try to find the GB maps on the TT Home CD I am unable to locate them. I did not make a back-up prior to carrying out this upgrade of maps and have since reset my PC back to factory settings.

Is there anyway I can restore my SD card back to the original GB maps?

Regards
Steve

You can call TT and explain to them what happened. You may have to purcahase the GB map. Are you sure it is not on the sd card. If you do not have the GB map selected( as done on initial boot up), you won't see the map but it should appear,if it is not erased , on the sd card. It's unusual to erase a map while downloading one. When I first loaded my new map on in July all of my poi (all of them) were showing up for Guam. I had to change the map selection. It is always a good thing to back the unit up at least once a month if for nothing else but the map. Good Luck!!!

It's hard to tell what has happened here. Can you view your card with Windows Explorer? The UK map folder is clearly marked (if it is there).

Also, isn't there a UK map in the cd set of maps that you bought?

In any case, I doubt that you can fit both maps at once on the TomTom SD card.

I don't believe any maps come on the orignal CD other than firmware, voices, and HOME. That is why we stress here to make a backup.

Your best bet is to try to exchange or call support and tell them your situation.

Ask a Question