How to Install POI Alerts

I am having problem with putting in the distance for the POI i can put in 250 meters but when i press DONE it doesnt do anything i have my OGG file in the same directory as my Custom POI and same name but it doesnt let me finish the setup.

Matt

Had same problem with my 920. The problem is you have the *.ogg file saved in the North America folder along with it in the sound folder. It confuses the tomtom. Delete the ogg files and only have the one in the sound folder and it should work for you. It fixed my issue.

Had same problem with my 920. The problem is you have the *.ogg file saved in the North America folder along with it in the sound folder. It confuses the tomtom. Delete the ogg files and only have the one in the sound folder and it should work for you. It fixed my issue.

I did the same thing on a 730 and it works perfectly for me too.

Report Safety Camera Button & map Corrections Not Working

You can add menu 'Add Position to Favorites' to the 'Quick Menu'.
While driving hit the 'Quick Menu' , 'Add Position to Favorites' (only 2 keystrokes, much less dangerous !:D )
Back home add that Favorite to a POI Category.

Sad that we would have to do that though when there is a button designed for it !
I Don't understand what the Report Safety Camera Button is for then ?
What's the point if your TT then doesn't remember & tell you next time?

(QUESTION - Any ideas on why my Report Safety Camera Button has suddenly gone gray ? What triggers it to be active ?.. Tks )

Similarly with map corrections.
I report them and never see anything to do about them again, even though TT Home says my map corrections are all up to date.
QUESTION - How do I get my Map corrections to show up ?
Thanks

poi alerts

This is what I do for getting some alerts for some POI's you have. First I go to manage POI's. Then I add this POI that you want as a new category. Then on the Manage POIs screen I add this same name as the catagory you just added and add this name to the ADD POI tab which should be linked to your new catagory. Now you have both a new catagory and new poi both with the same name. Finally touch warn when near poi and touch the catagory you added Follow the yellow brick road and add the alerts you want from the list eather a sound or what I like better type what you want the alert to say like dunken donuts is approaching michael. Anything you want. Its pretty easy to do after the first on. Good luck

Ask a Question