Installing ALERTS or POIs?

A very new TomTom 510 user here and have no clue how to install ALERTS or POI's. I did a search and I don't see a thread that explains how to do this.

I am using the USA_and_Canada Map right now (am looking to upgrade to the NA when I get a new SD Card).

Can someone help or lead me in the right direction on how to do this?

Thanks!

Marc

The 720 has TTS (text to speech). The best and easiest way is to go to your preference menu and select 'Manage POIs'
Select 'Warn when near a POI' then select 'Type your own warning' and write what you want it to say. I would unselect 'only when on route' but it is your preference.

Thanks Guys. I understand howto via 'Manage POIs' however, you can't do it for Safety Warnings? This is what I really want to be able to do as we (Australians) like you guys have heaps of Speed?Red Light Cameras here. I need a voice spoken warning if I could.:)

Ah! if you are using tomtom's safety warnings (Speed Cameras) then it does use an .ogg file and can not use a custom warning.
If you use a custom POI safety warning, then you can.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think the US_Canada folder is within the Maps folder on the TomTom? It is not directly in the main directory.

a123slonky, I have a TT1 v3 and I haven't tried installing custom POI's on it yet but I'm going to try later on tonight.

I have a 720 and installed the Alert in the location as the POI itself and it worked perfectly.

--Phil

Ask a Question