how to install new speed warnings ?19

Hi
I have purchased a file from tom tom with new speed warning info , how do i check if there is room on tom tom for it , also on downloads is it safe to download the latest map (free) update with the available spce? on tom tom , which is 4 weeks old

gary

Connect i tto your computer and use Windows Explorer to view the drive letter associated with the unit, right click the drive letter and select "Properties" from the list, this will tell you how much storage capacity is available on your unit.

As for the speed camera database, it doesn't include very many modile locations and the Specs cameras in the motorway road works are way out of date (over two years in some cases that I know of).

I use the database from Pocketgpsworld which is a far superiour product, its updated weekly and contains locations where mobile cameras are known to operate from - Mike

You haven't said which model of TomTom it is...:confused:

That rather limits any answers we can give about spare storage space and what options you have to increase it! (or to get maps onto it).

FWIW, I agree with Mike about cutting your losses and using the PGPSW Speed Camera database instead.
I'll declare an interest in that I am an (unpaid) verifier who helps keep the PGPSW database accurate and up to date, but on a straight side-by-side test,TomTom's own database is poor in comparison.

More info about the PGPSW alternative here.

Last edited:

Ask a Question