How to get USA/CAN Map for One XL S not at EURO Rate

TomTom Model(s)
One XL S
I am in Canada and attempts to purchase current maps for my Tom Tom One XL S keeps directing me to a European purchase.

TomTom.com Canada site for map updates seems like it has been down for months with a message ?The TomTom Map Store is closed while we're updating and improving it. Our apologies for the inconvenience. Please check back soon!?:(

On TomTom.com USA site, USA & Canada v8.30 map 897.8 MB is advertised for $54. 95 (US) . When I try to purchase the map through Tom Tom Home, I get switched to ERO currency and the maps are listed at 79 EUROS (almost 2x the price via US website).

Where can I purchase current maps at the US rate?

If you find out, let me know!!!

For some reason, Canadians get routed to a Netherlands payment server ands get nailed an additional 20% VAT that is not refundable. That's the difference in price you're seeing. The actual exchange between Euros, US $ and Canadian bucks is about appropriate for what it is.....

Ask a Question