How to get more menu options on models with 'Easymenu'

Discussion in 'System Configuration and Customization' started by parider, Jul 2, 2010.

1. parider

Bazz54

TomTom Model(s):
    GO Classic, XL2 IQ

I've just loaded those files on to a UK version of the XL350M and while they open up the options list, they seem to switch off the Safety Camera function. Of course, the French made camera alerts illegal in 2012.

Is there some connection here and is there a work around?

Bazz

Bazz54, May 1, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. parider

Andy_P Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    Go520,720,XL Live, Start60,Go940,950,1000,1005,New500,New5000
    Are you sure they switch it off? Or does it just remove the menu option for the camera settings?

There are several "newer" additions to the standard menus that were programmed in a different way, so cannot be included on a custom menu layout. Safety Cams is one of them.

But as far as I remember, you can set the camera settings as you like them, then add the custom menu and it will all work as before.

If you need to change or check the settings, you just need to remove the custom menu file, make the changes in the default menu and then put it back again.

Andy_P, May 1, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. parider

KlaasvanderHeide

TomTom Model(s):
    Rider, GO930 and XXL550
    Menu for XXL

Files can nog be found any more. But this looks great. Want to use it. Please could you share it ones more

Klaas

Thanks for your help,

Klaas

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2013
    KlaasvanderHeide, May 20, 2013
  4. parider

Andy_P Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    Go520,720,XL Live, Start60,Go940,950,1000,1005,New500,New5000
    Klaus.. you don;'t really need anyone's uploaded files, the custom menu is just a list of text commands that you can make yourself, either from scratch or by using other people's suggestions.
    If you want "genci's" particular version of the menu, I think he listed it in post #23

Alternatively, there is another listing (and a file upload too if you really need it) in another reply from member "tom717" here

Andy_P, May 21, 2013
  5. parider

ralphf

TomTom Model(s):
    xxl 550
    Parider,
    I copied the menu as posted and created a folder in the root of my XXL 550, named it "sdkregistry" and copied the "tomtom.mnu" into the file as a text file. When I disconnected the tomtom and rebooted, it totally ignored the update.
    Any suggestions?

ralphf, Oct 27, 2014
  6. parider

Arno Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    930; GO 620; Start 63
    Some of the older 3rd party add-ins do not work any longer with the newer Applications like 9.450 and 9.510, which are required to download new subscribed maps.

Arno, Oct 27, 2014
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question