How to get more menu options on models with 'Easymenu'

The menu doesn't go onto Home. It goes on the unit. Use Explorer to copy the file to your unit when it's connected to the computer.

Will this work on the EASE 325?!! The one with the 3.5" screen.

I have tried the advice here on my EASE 325 and it isnt working. Here is what I am doing

I am saving the code as "all files" and have tried including "mnu" as well as tried leaving it off.

I am putting it into the sdkregistry folder, then copying it to the root of my device.

I then unplug it and it resarts.. with the same lame menu.

PLEASE HELP!!! :(

Make sure you are actually saving the file with a .mnu extension. If you're using a text editor like Notepad it may save it as .mnu.txt.

If that's the case, when you save the file enclose the file name in quote marks such as: "filename.mnu". This will eliminate the .txt extension.

Also, if running Windows, be sure you have "Hide extensions for known file types" UNchecked in Folder Options.

Xxl250 v9.151

Hi Guys

I'm a total noob, so please excuse this stupid stupid question.

I've been trying to understand what's happening through this forum, and I'm a little bit lost; I've just replaced my TomTomOne XL with a XXL250 V9.151 which apparently has a simplified menu.

I've put in the .mnu file, and I seem to have a much bigger menu, but I can't find the auto off after 10 seconds of loosing power, and a few other options

Surely they would not take that sort of thing away... I'm just wondering if it's possible to replace the navcore with a different version to get more functionality, or is the .mnu file the only way?

Surely they would not take that sort of thing away...

Oh yes they would.

People were not buying the expensive models when they all did much the same thing. Threy couldn't make any extra features work on the top models, so they took features away from the cheaper ones.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to replace the navcore with a different version to get more functionality, or is the .mnu file the only way?

The custom menu can only give you SOME of the old menus. For example the "Help me" menu (if you had that originally) cannot be invoked by a custom menu file as there is no command for it.
A custom menu also cannot give you any extra settings in change preferences.

AFAIK It's not usually possible to run a device with a software version intended for a different model, I'm afraid.

Move button query

Hi

UK spec. TomTom Start2 user here, I've successfully managed to enable advanced menus on my device but was wondering if it would be possible to tweak something - to relocate the "Avoid part of route" button from the main menu to inside the "Change route" menu?

Thanks in advance

Matt :thumb:

EasyMenu fix for 550 XXL (can someone post new links)

BTW, if anyone with an EasyMenu TomTom wants to download my SdkRegistry folder with all the pictures and customized tomtom.mnu, you can get it here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1LY7W4RG

This is what menus on my XXL 550 look like. Pretty much complete at this point. :D

The main navigation map view:

57831914.jpg

Tap the map area and you will be shown the main menu:

36304845.jpg

95099824.jpg

85969253.jpg

Tap that "Preferences" button above, and you get to the Preferences menu:

16508351.jpg

95865900.jpg

39568222.jpg

50472918.jpg

74325345.jpg

This looks great can someone post new links this one is not working for me
ore tell me how to get them
Megclay

Also AFAIK we are still not absolutely sure whether the custom menu works after the recent latest software update.

Anyone who knows... please tell us!

Thanks dhn
I have tried that one
most of it works but not the change voice option
also Its little rough looking
anyone have the one that genci88 has ?
Megclay

Hi Megclay... re: my post before yours..

So can you confirm that a custom menu file (even if it's not quite right for you) DOES work on an XXL which has been updated to latest software? (and is that v9.430?)

Hi Andy
It works with latest software (updated everything from the HOME software)
550 XXL IQ Edition v9.430.890
but it looks rough and the change voice is not showing up ?

Megclay

Menu text question

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]I can't seem to get a text description on TASK_PAGEn entries to appear on my XL350.

For example,
[/FONT]
Code:
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE2|"MainMenu.bmp"|"Main Menu"|
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]displays the bitmap, but not the text. Others, like

[/FONT]
Code:
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PREFERENCES|"Options.bmp"|"Options"|
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]work fine and displays both the bitmap and the text.

Is this supposed to work or is it known not to?
[/FONT]

Thanks!

-G

re-add switchmenu.sh to bin folder to get switchmenu to work

So can you confirm that a custom menu file (even if it's not quite right for you) DOES work on an XXL which has been updated to latest software? (and is that v9.430?)

Works on XL350TM with NC 9.430. I had to re-add switchmenu.sh to the bin folder to get the switchmenu switch to work. Sometimes I must hard reset the device to get it to switch between Custom menu to Easy menu.

Hi everybody. I would like to create a menù with this functions, could someone of you help me with that please?? Thank you in advance!

MENUITEM|TASK_NAVIGATE_TO|
MENUITEM| load itinerary |
MENUITEM| My poi category1 |
MENUITEM| My poi category 2|

Custom Menus on 550 XXL

Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the wealth of information. I came across this and other forums looking to add Itinerary Planning to my 550 XXL. Sorry if this has been covered, but it took me a while to get to it, so I thought I would summarize my findings. It appears that on the 550 XXL, the "Page 1" menu is actually the "Voice and Images" menu. Therefore, you must start your menus at "Page 2" for it to work. After a bunch of tweaking, I got it laid out perfectly, with the most common functions I use (Plan Trip, Itinerary, Mute, Day/Night) on the first page.

To confirm, I am running the LATEST (as of today) map and firmware (9.430), and it is working well so far. The only "gripe" is that for some reason, the "sound on/off", "Day/night" and "Options" menu items have barely visible "Greyed Out" icons...although the features actually work.

My TomTom.itn file is as follows:

Code:
MENUBLOCK|BLOCK_MAIN|BTM_GPS_POSITION|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE2| This remains blank|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE2|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE2|Page 1/3|
MENUITEM|TASK_NAVIGATE_TO|
MENUITEM|TASK_ITINERARY|
MENUITEM|TASK_ADD_FAVORITE|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_SOUND|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_NIGHTVIEW|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE3|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE3|Page 2/3|
MENUITEM|TASK_SHOW_MAP|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_FIND_ALTERNATIVES|
MENUITEM|TASK_AVOID_ROUTE_LINE|
MENUITEM|TASK_PLAN_VIA|
MENUITEM|TASK_CONFIRM_DELETE_ROUTE|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE4|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE4|Page 3/3|
MENUITEM|TASK_SHOW_STATUS|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_ROUTE_INSTRUCTIONS|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PLAN_ATOB|
MENUITEM|TASK_CHANGE_HOME_LOCATION|
MENUITEM|TASK_MENU_PREFERENCES|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE2|
MENUBLOCK|BLOCK_PREF|BTM_GPS_POSITION|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE5|Preferences 1/4|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_PLANTYPE|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_STATUS|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_COLOR_SCHEMES|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_CLOCK_TYPE|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_DIST_UNITS|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE6|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE6|Preferences 2/4|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_VOLUME|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_PROMPT|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_VOICE|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_TOLL|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_MAP|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE7|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE7|Preferences 3/4|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_COMPASS|
MENUITEM|TASK_SHOW_GPS_STATUS|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_KEYBOARD_SIZE|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_BRIGHTNESS|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_BACKLIGHT|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE8|
MENUPAGE|TASK_PAGE8|Preferences 4/4|
MENUITEM|TASK_MAINTAIN_FAVORITES|
MENUITEM|TASK_MAINTAIN_POI|
MENUITEM|TASK_CONFIGURE_POI|
MENUITEM|TASK_SWITCH_POI|
MENUITEM|TASK_SET_NAME_DISPLAY|
MENUITEM|TASK_PAGE5|
Some great resources I used (credit due to the respective OPs)
Adding more menu items:http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=136159

TomTom Menu Builder:
http://www.gregoryduncan.com/ttmd/index.php

The "Page 1" *SECRET* for the 550XXL was this post
https://www.tomtomforums.com/t26170-having-trouble-custom-menu-tt-xxl-help-required.html

List of available menu items:
http://www.opentom.org/Menu_structure

Nice one, 'ncnmra'! Thanks very much for posting that. Definitely one to bookmark in case anyone else needs it in the future.

:thumb:

Ask a Question