How to change search radius?

Hello,

I am wanting to know if there was a way to change the search radius when you look for POI's "NEAR YOU" currently my tomtom 730 pulls in addresses that are 2 miles or less but I would like to widen that if I can.

Does anyone know of a setting I could change for this?

Thanks.

Hello,

I am wanting to know if there was a way to change the search radius when you look for POI's "NEAR YOU" currently my tomtom 730 pulls in addresses that are 2 miles or less but I would like to widen that if I can.

Thanks.
What I do when I get stuck trying to find something that's not showing up on the limited radius list is to find a point in the browse map screen, then search for POIS near the point on the map.

Hello,

Thanks.

I've written TomTom a very firm complaint about this issue on Sunday. No response yet but this is crazy. Limit of 24 POI's is horrible! What if I want a pizza place close to my house but can't remember it's exact name untill I see it? It's about 1 mile away from me but it sucks because in a 1/2 mile radius from my house, there are like 30 restaurants! It makes stuff so hard.

There's NO REASON why TomTom can't change this to either a listing of 100 or a user specified max limit. Everyone complain!!!

While you can only scroll through 24 items (4 pages of 6), ALL similar items in a category are available to be retrieved.

In your example, you don't know the precise name of the restaurant but you do know 'pizza'. Well, use the 'find' button, type 'pizza' and ALL items with that 'pizza' as part of their name will show up. They may beyond he distance limit established by the first 24, if you know what I mean, but you'll be able to retrieve them using this method.

You don't have to type a full word, even a partial will do. In fact, it can be in the middle of a word and you'll still be able to retrieve a listing. (e.g, type 'don' and you'll retrieve all the MacDonalds in you poi file.

Unfortunately I find myself being forced to use windows live search on my phone to find POI and then enter the address into TT.

Ask a Question