How to change search radius?

Discussion in 'General TomTom Discussion' started by jaks13579, Oct 19, 2008.

1. jaks13579

jaks13579

Hello,

I am wanting to know if there was a way to change the search radius when you look for POI's "NEAR YOU" currently my tomtom 730 pulls in addresses that are 2 miles or less but I would like to widen that if I can.

Does anyone know of a setting I could change for this?

Thanks.

jaks13579, Oct 19, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. jaks13579

rcacs

TomTom Model(s):
    Rider 2
    I suspect you cant change that setting. Your alternative is to select POI in city.

cheers

rcacs, Oct 23, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. jaks13579

Smokiewolf

TomTom Model(s):
    ONE v2
    What I do when I get stuck trying to find something that's not showing up on the limited radius list is to find a point in the browse map screen, then search for POIS near the point on the map.

Smokiewolf, Oct 27, 2008
  4. jaks13579

sageuvagony

TomTom Model(s):
    GO 720
    I've written TomTom a very firm complaint about this issue on Sunday. No response yet but this is crazy. Limit of 24 POI's is horrible! What if I want a pizza place close to my house but can't remember it's exact name untill I see it? It's about 1 mile away from me but it sucks because in a 1/2 mile radius from my house, there are like 30 restaurants! It makes stuff so hard.

There's NO REASON why TomTom can't change this to either a listing of 100 or a user specified max limit. Everyone complain!!!

sageuvagony, Oct 28, 2008
  5. jaks13579

dhn Moderator

TomTom Model(s):
    1535 LIVE; Via 1605; Go 50; Go 520
    While you can only scroll through 24 items (4 pages of 6), ALL similar items in a category are available to be retrieved.

In your example, you don't know the precise name of the restaurant but you do know 'pizza'. Well, use the 'find' button, type 'pizza' and ALL items with that 'pizza' as part of their name will show up. They may beyond he distance limit established by the first 24, if you know what I mean, but you'll be able to retrieve them using this method.

You don't have to type a full word, even a partial will do. In fact, it can be in the middle of a word and you'll still be able to retrieve a listing. (e.g, type 'don' and you'll retrieve all the MacDonalds in you poi file.

dhn, Oct 28, 2008
  6. jaks13579

killerz298

Unfortunately I find myself being forced to use windows live search on my phone to find POI and then enter the address into TT.

killerz298, Feb 8, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question