How do you update the maps under limited Internet?

When I try to connect to TomTom Home it tells me I need the new updated 2GB map. How does one do that when they have a limited Internet of like 500 MB or 1 GB?

Not sure what you are referring to by saying 'they' have limited internet.......

Who are you talking about?

When I try to connect to TomTom Home it tells me I need the new updated 2GB map. How does one do that when they have a limited Internet of like 500 MB or 1 GB?
I'm guessing that you're on a wireless plan somewhere and are limited to a low number of bytes on your plan before they start charging like crazy. Sounds like the problem a friend of mine was faced with in Florida recently. Too far into the boonies by just a mile or so to get wired coverage. I'm sure that happens up in the Minneapolis area, too.

I can't say that I'd recommend this under any other circumstances, but you *could* try hitting someplace where you know the owners and download the map via their Wi-Fi system. While many have had some tough times using Wi-Fi to do this, I've had no trouble performing map updates that way at home.

Another thing you could do is go to your local library. Internet connections there are free, unlimited bandwidth, and you dont have to feel guilty asking your neighbors for favors.

Take a cup of coffee along with yourself while you are at it.

Ask a Question