how do I stop nav6 from auto starting on my x51?

TomTom Model(s)
Nav6 for my x51
how do I stop nav6 from auto starting on my x51? the program wants to always start when I am doing something. I go in and shut it down and then for no reason my pda starts back up and runs nav6. is there anything I can do to fix this. I use my pda for a lot more then tomtom, so when I am in a meeting I cant have it just starting up on me.

Please can anyone help? this is killing my battery. I leave my dell on my desk on standby and when I get back tomtom is running and the battery is almost dead!

Im not familar with the TomTom Navigator. Try going to your x51's settings, then selecting the system tab and finally memory. Select the Running Programs tab and make sure your Navigator isn't there when you close your Navigator software.

Good luck

maddogmaulucci, did you install your TT6 from SD card? if so, locate folder 2577 and rename it to something else. It seems like the system will autorun everytime when it read the SD card. It stop mine on the WM6 PPC.

Several Options

Found more information on TomTom support and wanted to share it.

On the expansion card you will find a folder called 2577. Go into this folder and delete the file AutoRun.exe (or AutoRun).

If accessing the expansion card using ActiveSync, go into My Windows Mobile-Based Device > Storage Card > 2577 (\Storage Card\2577). You can then delete the file AutoRun.exe.

This will disable Navigator from auto running when the SD/Mini-SD card is inserted into your PDA. If you want to prevent the Navigator application from being installed when you insert your expansion card, simply delete the entire 2577 folder.

Note: The Navigator application will only try to install itself when the application has been deleted from the Pocket PC's internal memory or the application on the Pocket PC is older than the version on the expansion card.

Ask a Question