How do I install new dowloaded maps..trip in the AM!!

TomTom Model(s)
Hi everyone...

I really dont want to dork anything up...I have a TT910 and just got the new DOWNLOADABLE maps.

I got them and used HOME and now there are 2 North American databases on the TT GO DISK.

One shows....North America (665) 1.4 GB
Other is........North America (660) 1.2 GB

My 910 is showing.....

Map: 'North_America' v650.1108

How do I get the TT910 to read the new maps? Do I follow the instructions on the DVD maps?

Delete the smaller 1.2 GB version?

Thanks a bunch!!!!!!!

Well, again make sure you have a backup.

Yes, you just delete the NA v660 on your TT910. It will give you a warning message and that you should backup. If you haven't done so already then backup.

Once it is deleted, just select the 665 and install that on your TT.

Thanks Digi....thought that was it but hitting the sack and will do that tomorrow night after my 750 mile journey tomorrow!

Just got in...TomTom was fun!!! I installed the Rest Area POI and took one of the Nascar sounds and put that in there for them...pretty cool! I love the alert functions with the visual and the sounds!

I read about tripmaster right before I left....GOTTA TRY THAT OUT!!!! With that functionality I can toss the Etrex Vista I use for its trip computer function...well not chuck it cuz I hike with it...LOL...but one less thing on my dash!

Made it from Albuquerque to San Antonio 737.7 miles on ONE tank of fuel with a little left over in the tank!!!!!

"Silly Moderators...GAS is for kids" <----said in my best Trix Bunny voice:D

Its a diesel 2005.5 Jetta! I absolutely love the thing...run Bio Diesel when I can get it. This was done on regular diesel.

With the remaining fuel in it I think I could push it to 790 miles not quite 800 miles. I will try to hit the 800 mile mark some day...LOL....

Ask a Question