Horrendous problems Go 910

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910
Hi all, my Tom Tom is driving me nuts.

The issues are:

1) Cannot sustain battery charge - says its charging, then stops charging, then red battery empty light starts flashing. I've had the Tom Tom sent away for this exact problem under warranty and they supposdely repaired it, but it has started again and the unit is now out of warranty

2) Keep getting a constant "Connect to Computer?" prompt whilst driving, I keep cancelling it, but it keeps coming back

3) Crashes at LEAST once per journey - and almost always when you need to know where to go next!

4) Latest issue is that I keep getting a "Error : cannot store map prefences on device" or something. Then reboots. I managed to do a hard reset and flash it, this seems to have gone away now. But still - was working in the morning - then this suddenly happens.

Are there some known issues with this model? Or am I just plain unlucky?

Cheers all
Anis

I'm aware that many 910 units suffered from loose connection to the mount problems and that may be the cause of the battery issues and the 'connect to computer' problems where, suddenly, a loose connection may cause a decrease in power going to the unit and the application gets confused with a reduced signal and thinks you are connecting to a computer. So, check the firmness of the connection.

Also, run the clear flash tool found here.. Run it 3 times.

Hi dhn,

ok ran the flash tool and this fixed the Error message I was getting.

However the battery failing to charge continued so i ordered a brandd new battery, read thoroughly how to change the battery yourself and did so.

However still getting exactly the same problem and same symptons - the green light is on but the battery still won't charge and is showing a flashing red light.

Any ideas - has anyone experienced these issues too?

I am experiencing the same charging problem. I sent it back for repair TWICE, and they did not tell me what they fixed. I am still experiencing the battery going flat if I don't switch it off manually when I am not using it. It refuses to switch off itself when the there is no power(ie when ignition is off)

I charge my unit from the docker and I have to make it LATCHED ON properly, on powering up the word "charging" will appear next to the battery. Before you do that you should RESET the unit first. If you haven't done it before let me know I will explain it to you.

I hope you have better luck next time round. This unit is bummer never experience this kind of problem before esp. from a reputable manufacturer.

Pretty sure the unit is "latched on" ok... have tried all the resets etc... no luck.

It simply won't charge properly - its almost as if the connectors themselves no longer align, or maybe just dont connect firmly... extremely frustrating and having no luck finding out what to do..

:-(

If you sent it for repair during the warranty period and you received it back still not functioning correctly then it is still under warranty for those original unfixed issues , in my view. Contact them straight away and telll them it has not been fixed and it was sent to them during the warranty period . Supply copies of any receipts or other documentation to show you sent it. Supply any reference job number from the original warranty complaint. Also supply a written complaint of everything that is not working right .

Ask a Question