Home Hanging on PC here is the fix....

TomTom Model(s)
One New edition V2
Home Hanging on Vista PC here is the fix.... version 3

* Always start TomTOM Home edition first and then plug in TOMTOM

I don't know why but even WITH TOMTOM Home running on start up of Vista
When you plug TOMTOM it hangs after the internet login is completed and update routine is done.

Apologies as I thought I had it fixed playing arounbd with the Autorun file, but no - it's either a Vista or TOMTOM thing or combination of the both.

* At least the top way always works consistently. :rolleyes:

Default autorun on my TOMTOM new slim is:
[autorun]
action=Run TomTom HOME
open=InstallTomTomHOME.exe
label=TomTom
icon=tomtom.ico
[DeviceInstall]
#This section is empty; autorun will not install device drivers to your PC.

Last edited:
I have no problems on my Vista.
I always plug in my TomTom first then run HOME.
Whatever works best for the user.

Yeah it has to be what works for the user. Pedro talked me through working my bugs out and he starts the TT first...then home. It worked for me ok but I have gone the route of the HOME first then the Tom Tom.

NOW....sometimes....my device will get on there and I will be logged in successfully but I get a "DING" when I click on anything in HOME. It turns out that I have to close all other programs (Yahoo messenger is usually the culprit) and then restart it all.

It is a bit picky I think....

Hi folks,

My first post. I've never gotten Home to work on my PC. A little search yielded the cause but no solution. The latest version of Home does not play nice with (Sunbelt) Kerio Firewall. I installed Home on another PC that does not have Kerio installed - it worked.

Just a heads up for folks who use Kerio and are having the same problems.

-N-

Finally fixed it and it was simple.

On the compact flashcard use notepad to edit the autorun.inf file

[autorun]
open=C:\Program Files\TomTom HOME\TomTomHOME.exe
label=TomTom
icon=tomtom.ico
[DeviceInstall]
#This section is empty; autorun will not install device drivers to your PC.

Get rid of the run line and the open line which opens Install Tomtomhome.
Add open=location of TomTomHome.exe as above for drive C: or where ever the program installed itself.

Leave the label & icon lines and every thing works.
At last even with Vista !

My vista was ignoring the run line and going straight for the line below which was the open=install tomtomhome line. That's why it stuffed up.

TomTom shouldn't have put an auto install tomtom line in this autorun as this is ok if you which install first time but every other time you will be stuffed up by this on vista.

PS works a treat - don't even have the tomtom program running until connect the flash card, great for quick fix updates at last.:D

Ask a Question