Hi, after some help! :)

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One V3
Hi all,

I was fortunate enough to win a Tomtom ONE V3 on a machine at my local pub, where you stack the blocks, and somehow i managed Major prize! - didnt take long for me to decide on the Tomtom.

However, after looking alot more in depth at tomtom and what it does, i've noticed that tomtom can be made available for Windows Mobile devices (I have a HTC Touch HD running windows mobile 6.1) So instead of having a dashboard of electronic items in my car, i'd rather use just the one if i can, and perhaps sell the Tomtom unit i've got.

Does anybody have much experience with how good the WM version of TT is? - and if so, how much is it and where can i get it from.

Any help greatly appreciated :)

The problem with running TomTom Navigator on that phone is the out of date maps, If TomTom ever get around to releasing the Navigator 7 version then it would be worth considering but to date this has only been released with specific HTC phones for certain countries/ operators.

If you do install the TTN6 application and maps to the HD then you will need a third party plug in than crops the screen to 640x480 otherwise it doesn't look right, this app is called WVGAFIX3_BY_Cotulla and can be found for download on the XDA Dev web site. Consider keeping the TomTom device though as they are better than the applications running on a phone IMHO although I do understand your issue of gadgets all over the car! - Mike

Top stuff, thanks Mike.

If i were to test it, where can i get the software from, i noticed on the TomTom website it says its available through another vendor, but doesn't give specific information.

Jack

Last edited:

Ask a Question