Help!!

Hi everyone,

I just bought a used TTone and I downloaded TThome and now it says "no maps found", and no I didnt creat a back up.

With that said, if I am just out of luck, what do I need to download etc. I dont know my device# didnt come with cd's. Help I just got it 2 days ago.

any info in the right direction will be great :(

First....

When you turn on the device.....hit the area of the screen where your GPS signal is...its the bottom right.

Next...you will see a little area that says Version and a number.....hit that...

Lastly....you will get a screen with a bunch of info on it...WRITE IT ALL DOWN...and keep it for reference....

Your Device number is at the top. Map will show you what map you are running.

-----------------------------

Next....in your Preferences...tap in the center of the screen where you see your location....you should see a preferences button....hit on that....

Then on screen 2 I believe you have manage maps button....tap on that and see what maps are installed....find the one where you are and hit on it.

----------------

Hopefully that gets you started.....finally....make a backup of what you have...it will take a bit to do...40 min or so....

GOOD LUCK!

help

Once I turn it on it has a picture of a red X over the sd card. So I downloaded an update from TThome and now when I turn it on it says no maps. And im stuck from there on.

Did you ever turn it on and have a map on it? Aka....you have a picture of yourself at a location on the screen or does it never get past the red X

help

It was working fine until I started using TThome. I got passed the red X after I downloaded the update it recommended. Now It just goes straight to "no maps found" Sorry for sounding like I dont know anything, but unfortunately I dont. :eek:

Thanks

Im at a loss on this one for you....I just started on mine the other day......keep asking and guys here will be able to help...digital-flex and pedro2nr have been VERY helpful for my glitches..... Wish I could be of more help.....

Hello and welcome
The easiest solution is to exchange it for another.
I had to exchange my ONE when I bought it. I wouldn't get passed the start up screen no matter what I did.

help

I wishh I could but unfortunately my cheap ways caused me to buy a used one from a co worker:(

im assuming i need to buy a new us canada map. i hope not

It was working fine until I started using TThome. I got passed the red X after I downloaded the update it recommended. Now It just goes straight to "no maps found" Sorry for sounding like I dont know anything, but unfortunately I dont. :eek:

Thanks

Pedro...he said it was working when he got it...ONLY after installing TThome that it caused him a problem.

Hmmm...I don't know how you could just lose your map like that.

Can your computer recognize the SD card? If it can, if you browse to it, to you see any map folders i.e. Guam/USA_and_Canada?

If you disconnected your TomTom from your computer while TTHome was trying to access the SD card, the SD card could have gotten corrupted. If you have an external card reader I would suggest seeing if it can read the SD card to determine if the card is still OK. This will help determine if the problem is the card or the TomTom.

Ask a Question