Help!!!

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom ONE
I just purchased a TomTom ONE. It worked great until I put the CD in my computer to download updates.

I installed the CD and linked my TomTom with the provided USB to the Computer. The TomTom HOME advised there were available updates, so I downloaded them.

Well, now my TomTom does not seem to work....

When I turn it on, all I get is the normal start-up screen shot that says TomTom with the beating drums.

That is quickly followed up by an image of a TomTom ONE and a SD card continously coming out of it with a red X on the card. Nothing else is written on the screen. And it appears to be stuck on this screen.

I can only intrepet this as as messege saying that the TomTom can not read the card. However, when I hook it up by USB to the computer, HOME shows maps, voices, etc on the card.

Also, when I turn it off, it turns off right away. Before the problems, when I turned it off, an orange screen would appear with an image of the TomTom being placed in a storage bag and not to just dump it in a bookbag (at least that is how I interpret the image), then it goes off.

So can anyone PLEASE help...I like the TomTom, but if its going to be this much hassle, I may have to send it back.

Thanks for any inputs!

Two things:

1 - Do a reset with a paperclip in the reset hole.

2 - Make sure that the battery is not running low.

Here's hoping...

Yep, I tried reseting it with a paperclip and that turned the unit off. Then I turned it back on and still the same issue.

I did backup the card when I set up HOME. I even tried to but the backed up info on the card to no avail.

I just had the card read in a card reader and the maps/voices, etc are still there, so the card has info on it.

One note of interest that may be the issue is that there are some duplicate files on the card (I am waiting to get home from work to try deleting some of the duplicates)

The other issue of interest that I failed to mention was when I hooked up the TomTom the first time to the computer, the battery warning was on and blinking. But when I hooked it up tho the USB it went away. I have had it on the car charger all day and still same issue.

I plan on deleting everything on the card tonight and put the backup back on it to see if that does it.

Thanks for all the input!

OK...I think I resolved the issue...I see that I did not have the application on the TomTom itself. So I took off somethings that I would not use and downloaded the application....that worked!

Thanks again for all the advice!

Ask a Question