Help with turning on my XL 330 S

I have a XL 330 S

Help with turning on the GPS.

I push the on button and the screen turns light gray and it never comes on.

But if I hold the on button down it turns light gray and if I keep holding the button down It goes black, and then if I let go of the button and repush the on button it turns on.

Any ideas as to what is causing this and how to fix it.

When I talk to tom tom thay have no answers and want me to send it to them.

please help

Ok, I reset by holding down the on button. I then hooked it up to the computer and connect to home and it says there is no new updates.

Then after that I turned it off. Then I pushed the on button it still has a light gray screen and the only way to get it on is to hold the on button down while the screen is gray and then let the button go when the screen turns black. Then push the on button again and it comes on.

Anything else you can think of to try.

If you have a backup and the computer recognizes when the unit is connected, remove all the loose files in the root of the unit, in other words, the system files, and restore the files from the backup.

Use Explorer to do this.

If you do have the backup and the above doesn't work, reformat the unit's internal drive and restore the entire backup.

reformat the unit's internal drive and restore the entire backup

I did this and it still will only turn on by pushing and holding down the on button several times before it comes on.

Do you all think if turning it on this way all the time if it will mess the GPS up?

Thanks for the help
slong

Sounds as if it requires repairs if still within the warranty period.

You ARE sure you are NOT holding the button too long when trying to turn it on, essentially turning it on and then off?

You ARE sure you are NOT holding the button too long when trying to turn it on, essentially turning it on and then off?

No I'm not holding the button down to long because when I just tap the button it lights up then the screen turns light gray and stays that way.

Thanks for all your help.
slong

Ask a Question