help with new SD card please

Hi can any one help me.
Ive just got a new SD card backed up my tomtom one (v2 i think) with the latest home.
tak out the original sd card.
Formatted the new card.
Insert the new card turn on (connected to pc)
Home starts up and says to down load an application 8.2mb so I do this.
restarts the TT and installs the new software on the TT i get the bar load up please wait and it says flashing etc....
The unit restarts and connects to Home. I then go to restore (the back up from the first card) but it says""you cannot use this feature it is not supported by your device?????"

right ive got it to restore now by restarting every thing
turning back on home loads up and lets me restore my back up to the new 4 gig SD card!!!

I look whats on the device everything is on the TT as was the original

However when I start the device up it gets past the splash screen image then turns off?????? black screen
what the =/*#!!!!!!!! why would it do this ive tried it 4 times the same every time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure the 4GB capacity card you are using is a true SD type card and is not an SDHC type? you can get 4GB SD cards but they are quite rare these days, it is more common to find the SDC type which don't work in your device - Mike

Yes, I think that Mike has the answer. Your TomTom One cannot read SDHC cards. So you are basically limited to 2 gb SD cards.

Trancend and Topram both make normal SD type card with a capacity of 4GB and they will work, but finding them for sale is getting rather difficult these days, almost all 4GB cards are SDHC which only work in the Gox20, x30 units, and MicroSDHC will work in the x40 devices - Mike

it is a trancend 4gb not SDHC
the wierd thing is if i put the card in a card reader (not in the TT) it boots up Home and I can operate the TT in Home it works great. if i put the card back in the TT then it just goes to the splash screen then turns off.

If I format the SD card again then put it in to the TT turn on update a file in home (8.2mb file) then try to use the card with only this file on the TT boots and show no map selected. as soon as i update it or restore it it just turns off after splash screen

as so I keep going round in circles!!!!!!

(I have the original SD card put that back in and it works fine but no room to update anything and its 4 years old or summin)

have you tried restoring the backup and then running update?

The other option would be to copy everything out of the backup folder onto your SD card and then try booting. It sounds like a file got corrupted in the transfer to your new card.

done that formated the card and copied avery thing over form a back up 118mb to the new card turn on
plays music then the splash screen then tunrs off??????????????
this is so frustrating!!!
is there some internal memory or something im missing??

i got it to work!!! by formatting card then installing the first one application ( it updates this when you connect to HOME)
then install one voice
and manually copy accross my map! for the back up folder works like normal!!

but

if I update to the latest one application!! which it prompts in HOME!! it goes back to turning off after splash screen!!!

wierd!!!!

Ask a Question