HELP, 4GB Card Killed 920

red

TomTom Model(s)
my 920 is now dead. all I did was insert a Kingston 4GB card, in which the Tomtom recognized it, then I tried to copy a (700MB) movie file to it. It gave a device i/o error then died.

It will not turn on at this point. any advice? I tried the pin reset to no avail. I can't believe how sensitive these GPS devices are!

Last edited:
Was the pin reset with the card in or out of the unit? Try it with the card out. Then with it in.

like dhn said, take out the card, use the pin reset and enter the unit to the home dock and connect it to ur computer.
Turn it on and see if it asks u to connect to the computer.
If it does, turn the unit off and restart it to make sure u have it done.

To use the SD card, u need to insert the card and connect it to the computer, then use your computer to reformat the card with the card inside the TomTom. Then Start home and select the SD card and it will install files it needs. Once those files are in there, u can add your movie files.

the TT eventually came back on its own. have no idea what went wrong. haven't re-tried the 4GB card yet.

Ask a Question