Help with GO 530

TomTom Model(s)
GO 530
Help please this is driving me mad, when i set my home location, my G530 keeps setting it for unnamed Rd Blackburn which is 5 miles away from me, i keep deleting it and trying to reset it for my address, but i keep getting the same map when i tap Home please see photos, how can i get rid of the first map in first photo for good please thank you:confused:
7602222654_2fe30a8156_z.jpg

7602222734_3cbb2ff38c_z.jpg

Do you have a solid gps fix when you are trying to establish your Home location? Do you have the latest application (9.430) for your device? What is your map version?

And are you trying to set the home location on the device itself or while it's connected to the computer and doing so with the Home application?

Do you have a solid gps fix when you are trying to establish your Home location? Do you have the latest application (9.430) for your device? What is your map version?
QUOTE]Sorry i dont know what half of that means so i cant give you a honest answer:(

For future reference, there are many ways to set a location... whether it's your "Home", or a place you want to drive to, or to add as a Favourite or a "Point of Interest".

I suspect you were trying to set your Home location by entering it as a city/street/house number or by entering it as a postcode.
Both of those methods involve the TomTom looking up what you enter in a big database and then returning with some coordinates so it can find the spot on the map.

Both of those databases can contain errors. So a postcode may be in the wrong place or not be found at all, or a particular house number may be missing or misplaced even though the road that it is on can be found.

However.... if you go to "Change Home location" in the preferences menu, then you can ALSO use "Point on map" to set the exact position, or even enter the Lat/Long coordinates directly if you happen to know them.

In the same way, if you can find a spot by tapping on the "Browse map" screen, then by tapping on the blue cursor BUTTON at the bottom of the screen you can set that location to Navigate to, or to save as a Favourite or POI.

For future reference, there are many ways to set a location... whether it's your "Home", or a place you want to drive to, or to add as a Favourite or a "Point of Interest".

I suspect you were trying to set your Home location by entering it as a city/street/house number or by entering it as a postcode.
Both of those methods involve the TomTom looking up what you enter in a big database and then returning with some coordinates so it can find the spot on the map.

Both of those databases can contain errors. So a postcode may be in the wrong place or not be found at all, or a particular house number may be missing or misplaced even though the road that it is on can be found.

However.... if you go to "Change Home location" in the preferences menu, then you can ALSO use "Point on map" to set the exact position, or even enter the Lat/Long coordinates directly if you happen to know them.

In the same way, if you can find a spot by tapping on the "Browse map" screen, then by tapping on the blue cursor BUTTON at the bottom of the screen you can set that location to Navigate to, or to save as a Favourite or POI.
Thank you Andy ill try to digest that and have a few trial runs cheers:)

Ask a Question