New tomtom 530 wirless connection help

I have bought a new 530 for use and subscribed to traffic. I am on a pay as you go vodaphone. I need to set up a wirless connection between my phone and the tomtom. I have tried everything I can think of. The phone is a sony erricson k800i. Hopefully someone can help. Many thanks in advance.

I have bought a new 530 for use and subscribed to traffic. I am on a pay as you go vodaphone. I need to set up a wirless connection between my phone and the tomtom. I have tried everything I can think of. The phone is a sony erricson k800i. Hopefully someone can help. Many thanks in advance.
The prerequisite for using Bluetooth over your phone to grab data from the internet for another device (whether that's a notebook PC or your TomTom or whatever) is that your plan allow you to do so. Check with Vodaphone and be sure that your plan allows use of your phone for "tethered" or "dial up networking (DUN)" service. Many plans do not, and it seems the carriers are dropping more of these plans every day.

Some phones as configured per the carrier don't support the Bluetooth DUN profile, either. So while you're talking to Vodaphone, try to find out if the k800i that you received supports this as well.

Until you know if that will be permitted under your plan and supported by your phone as delivered, getting the phone and TomTom talking data to each other isn't going to matter.

Ask a Question