a bit of help needed with my GO 530T

Hello, i found this forum after searching for a message board to help me with a problem im having after tomtom's technical support failed to solve it.

The problem im having is, while driving, the map data on the screen (ie...the roads, the roadnames and the car indicator) will dissappear for a second every 10-15 seconds. This problem is accompanied by a drop in volume from the tomtom's loud speaker)

I sent the tomtom back to the support team, which they returned unfixed saying nothing was found to be wrong with it, but they had flashed it back to its factory files.

When I got it back from them, it was fixed...until I tried to update it. When I installed the latest tomtom system update, the problem returned. Luckily I had backed up my tomtom before I updated, so I put it back.

I then figured that I would keep the old system software, but install the latest map. But when I switched on the tomtom it said "no maps found". as soon as I installed the latest system software again, the map was found...but yet again, it was flashing, and the volume was low.

Its obviously a problem with the updated software, but as it stands im stuck unable to update my tomtom or map at all.

Can anyone help me with this? Has anyone noticed the same problem with their 530?...even if I can find a way I can install a new map without having to first update the system software?

the flashing isn't really a big deal but the loss in volume from the loudspeaker is bugging me.

Thanks.

The latest Tomtom firmware is kind of unstable. Downgrade to 8.302 per this link. It will read the latest maps and is more stable. Also, it doesn't have the bug with "auto-adjust volume" like the newer software does.

The biggest problem with app 8.302 is that it doesn't transmit directions over fm.

Last edited:

Ask a Question