help!!720 become 530......

What are you seeing that makes you think that? Try a pin reset? If that doesn't help, did you make a backup prior to the update? If so, uninstall the update and restore the previous version.

Start again.

did every thing...still shows go530...and i forgot the backup..gonna return it and getting a new one...:)...thx anyway...here is the pic of my "TT GO530"...

Attachments

• 720-530.jpg
    720-530.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
did every thing...still shows go530...and i forgot the backup..gonna return it and getting a new one...:)...thx anyway...here is the pic of my "TT GO530"...

It's probably just a bug in the firmware displaying the wrong device model and is nothing to worry about. Something similar used to happen in "Operate my Go" on my 920 (it thought it was a 720).

That said, if you're within your return period with the retailer and are inclined to return/exchange it, I'm not going to try to talk you out of it.

In the root of your unit is a text file called ttgo.bif. Look at it with notepad. What device is shown in the second row?

Well, that's weird, considering the 530 is a European only model.

Here is a link to TT's site describing it (You may have to set the country to United Kingdom).

You may want to call support at 866-486-6866 to sort this out.

Try deleting ttgo.bif and the tomtom will regenerate a new one. Does it still say 530?

Ask a Question