Help with continuing booting 940

TomTom Model(s)
Go 940
I have a 940 and i have had the problem that upon boot up the tomtom staying in the boot up loop. I usually sort the problem by holding the start button untill the the tomtom reboots or if that does not work I connect to my laptop and set a destination and then that usually works.

However this morning i have had no joy with either. I then tried to delete the speed camera database as this has worked before BUT i seem to have deleted various other files by accident and now have no european maps.

Would it be best to take the tomtom back to factory settings and start again and how can i do this.

Please help as i drive all over the country and i have also just renewed my live subscription for another year and dont want to waste the money by buying a new satnav, which is becoming a probable option.

Yes, i have just found it and reinstalled it. The 940 is working now but the loop problem was already a problem before the back up i just used, so i would still like to take it back to factory settings if possible.

You can (and lose all custom settings) but I don't think it will help the looping issue.

Since you do seem to have a backup then try the factory restore. If it resolves the issue, terrific! If not, restore your backup once more.

Ask a Question