Help with a MapShare correction

I have a TT720 and have not done much (read -any- ) in the way of MapShare corrections. There is a set of exits in the Durham NC area that causes me problems. Let's call them 14A and 14B where the first exit of the pair is identified ON THE Highway as 14A, but the TT map 'believes' that the first exit is 14B. So let's say that I really need to take the first exit to get where I'm going, the GPS verbal instructions would be "Take exit 14B, on right, and ..." Well, I'm looking at the highway signs and blow right past my correct exit! How would I go about entering this in the unit? [It's entirely possible that the municipality switched the exits at some point as I had a Garmin C340 that caused me similar problems several years ago if I recall correctly. I'm running App 8.351 with Maps 815.2019
Thanks much to all of you Admins and other experienced posters, great info from all of you!

It may be the newest map (840) has the correction.

If you go to routes.tomtom.com, it uses map version 835 and see if the proper exit is shown in that map.

By the way, maps are on sale at 40% off if you are interested in updating.

I have map 840 installed, if you post the specific location I can tell you what map 840 says on the exits.

You can report the error using mapshare's "report other error" feature. You type a short description of the problem that gets sent to TT's map division. They might fix it in a future map. They're been really really slow to respond to mapshare corrections in the past few years, but they sped up significanty in the Nov 2009 map. Hopefully that's a sign of better response rates in the future.

Ask a Question