Help with 2GB card on TTG 510

TomTom Model(s)
Go 510
I bought a sandisk 2 Gb card for my 510 because of the new NA maps. I tried installing and half the time it will show an animated request to remove the card and other times it will show the TomTom splash screen, run the yellow line like it's loading and then power off. I also tried restoring everything from the OEM card backup to the 2GB with no luck. The card is good because I was able to copy and access everything from the OEM card to the 2gb. I tried that in the TT and it didn't work. Is there something that I am missing. Thanks.

Fanchee, I copied your thread into the 300, 510, 910 forum for viewing. I also renamed the thread.

I looked at the link before I tried using the 2gb card (It inspired me to buy the 2gb card). Maybe I skipped something. I will try again when I get home. Thanks

vab53, be sure you start off with an empty 2g card. Even if you have to manually delete the files that are currently on there. Then don't forget to click to install the APP from the DVD. That was what was giving me fits, I just tried installing the maps only on a card that already contained an up-to-date app, and it behaved exactly as you describe. So even though the app on the dvd is not the latest, install it anyway, along with the maps, and then when finished, you can update the app. I hope this helps, and good luck to you!

I followed step-by-step with no luck. Everything installs fine to the card through TThome. The machine still will not come on with the 2GB card. I used a 256 card and loaded an area map. That worked fine. I though maybe the card was bad but it works fine in my camera.

I bought the machine as a refurbished unit. It was sealed and came with the US map. It was advertised as a 510 but when I hold the power button down to the point where I can see the machines hardware information it shows as a 710. I wouldn't think this would matter but who knows. Anyone with a 710 been able to go to a 2gb card?

Open explorer, it will recognize the SD card as a removable disk, right click, format the card as Fat32.
Restart the installation.
If it still does'nt work, your card is not compatible. On GPSPASSIONS, French section, they have a thread about cards compatible with TomTom.
Buy or borrow one that has a write speed of at least 66x, if my memory is good.
Good luck.

Ask a Question