help resetting xl one

I thought I was pretty proficient. I tried to update and download voice from tomtom home had problems after downloads so I deleted without backup and now I cant get anything but red X. I did a check/repair on mac it said it was fine help

A red X means the unit can't find the application. Sometimes because the unit was disconnected improperly from the computer before data was written to flash memory.

See if anything here helps, especially the links at the bottom.

Ive tried all the links I cant figure this thing out Like I said I accidentally deleted everything without backup then tried to reinstall from tomtom home and red x has been there since?

Use Home to see items on your computer. Does it list a map? Also, look for items on my unit. Does it list a map there? And use Explorer. Look at the contents of your unit. Is there a map folder showing with lots of files?

If you see a map listed on your computer, then format your unit, reinstall the application and have Home install the map.

If you see a map listed on your UNIT, then use Exploorer to delete all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents. Now, reinstall the application.

If you do NOT see a map anywhere -- computer or unit -- then you'll have to buy a map and reinstall it.

checked xl one it show map and application star up screen shut down screen voices etc. I turned off "spotlight
'on mac and I still have red X HELP

Sorry, not clear......

Finder DOES show a map folder on your unit????

If so, uninstall the application and reinstall. Try that.

I checked what is on my what is on my xl one it said 1 apllication, 1 map, 1 start-up screen, 1 voice and so on down the line. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail. still waiting on reply from tomtom support. unbelievably slow. thanks

Ask a Question