Help! New 510 is locked up! How to reset?

Hey Gang,

My 510 woes continue. Having given up on OSX recognizing the 510, I decided to remove it from its dock. Now all that I see is a grey screen of death. I tried shutting it off, but it refuses to. I removed the sd card and held down the power button. Nada!

Ugh, please help. I just want it to reboot at this point. I now see there is a general problem w/ OSX 10.4.9 and the Intel iMacs.

I did download the latest version of home,

Tom

Hey Gang,

My 510 woes continue. Having given up on OSX recognizing the 510, I decided to remove it from its dock. Now all that I see is a grey screen of death. I tried shutting it off, but it refuses to. I removed the sd card and held down the power button. Nada!

Ugh, please help. I just want it to reboot at this point. I now see there is a general problem w/ OSX 10.4.9 and the Intel iMacs.

I did download the latest version of home,

Tom

To reset your 510 go here.

Thank You!!!

To reset your 510 go here.

THANK YOU!!!

I had a bit of a scare this evening.. was on my way out, and my Go-510 froze up.. just a white screen.. could not ever power off. Thought the unit was toast. The reset worked, and restored it back to normal.

question is.. what causes this freeze in the first place?!?

Do you recall what was going on prior to the freeze?
How long was the unit powered for? What is trying to calculate a route? etc

foggy..

Do you recall what was going on prior to the freeze?
How long was the unit powered for? What is trying to calculate a route? etc

Well, I am not exactly sure.. I had the unit at home, in portable mode, and was setting a route for a trip I was taking. Then I put the unit in the A/C base charger unit, and it crapped out. I can't recall if I pressed the power on button, but the TomTom bongos sounded as did the tomtom 'hands' logo, (which is unusual, cause I have never seen that!), and then the screen went white.. and stayed that way for hours. Could not power it off, until I read about the reset procedure here.

Im having the same problem with my 910

I have a similar problem, After removing my Go 910 from its base it starts up and freezes on the white tomtom screen with the picture of my unit... any solutions for this???:confused:

Last edited:
I have a similar problem, After removing my Go 910 from its base it starts up and freezes on the white tomtom screen with the picture of my unit... any solutions for this???:confused:

Strange, this also happened to me today. I had to do a hard reset to get it working again. However, it froze again and did another reset and it turn on ok. Then, it switch to the white screen with the tomtom picture on it and stayed there.

My 910 frooze

Hello Team,

I got a new TT910 from Dell. Connected to computer took a backup. And Home asked me to upgrade the Go software. I did. Then my 910 frooze in the with the TT image. Reset did not hep. Anything else i can try before i send it back to Dell.

Thanks
Ashok

The pin reset didn't turn off the unit? let us know more information.
When installing a new firmwire, its always best to disconnect the unit from the computer and turning the unit on so it can run through the firmwire. Then going back and connecting to HOME.

The reset button helps me to turn off the unit. But when i try to power on again, it did run through the firmware upgrade and hangs at the Tom Tom picture. Any idea ?

Issue resolved by Technical support

Called in TT support, they were helpful in resolving my TT910. They said for some reason, all the units coming from Dell has some issue when they upgrade their software into 6.52 version. So, they had me rollback my software to 6.02 version, and the unit is up and running now. Thanks guys.

No. Support told me not to upgrade ! Strange!

Everything works good now, except i am not able to enable voice to speach. This option is greayed out. I may have to call them again.

No. Support told me not to upgrade ! Strange!

Everything works good now, except i am not able to enable voice to speach. This option is greayed out. I may have to call them again.

It is strange especially other people are on 6.52. Call support and let us know what happens.

Ask a Question