Treo 700WX and Go510. Help!

Xaa

Hi,

I have a Treo 700WX and Go510. They recognize each other. I have the phone establish a new partnership and automatically look. It finds the TomTom and sees it as TomTomGo. I feel great. I ask the TomTom to search and it finds the Treo and I say yes to connect to the Treo and I feel great. Then it asks for the passcode and I enter 0000 and choose enter and the TT just stops at 40% and after a while gives me a Phone Disconnected Do you want to try again dialog. That makes me sad.

All I want is the handsfree to work so my wife observes safe driving habits. Can anyone help out? I hope so, I sure would love to be able to use this feature, I just can't get her comfortable with the ear peiece. I feel like she would really use it on the TT.

I don't care about the other plus services, just handsfree.

Thanks to anyone that can help at all.

I had a similar problem with my 510 and Treo 700WX. After I performed a system reset/reboot of the 510 (use a paperclip) I was able to connect just fine. However, be aware that the Treo 700WX is notorious for dropping the Bluetooth connection (happens with headsets as well) and the sound quality from the TomTom unit is really bad, in my opinion. You can use the wired mic that came with the 510 and see if that helps. In a nutshell, after getting everything to work, I ended up going back to my headset! Good luck to you.

David

Thanks man.

I read your post and reset both the 510 and the Treo but still no love. It keeps crapping at 40%.

It goes through the process and the phone says that the TomTom Go wants a connection and I choose ok and enter the 0000 and then it looks like it will work but then I get what appears to be a duplicate message on the phone that says "Bluetooth is trying to connect to your phone..." which is like the same message without the name TomTom Go. If I choose ok, it asks for the passcode again and times out, if I choose no to the second one, it times out at 40% just the same.

I've also had the phone look and find the TomTom first and then run through the wizzard on the 510 and still the same 40%.

Any other tips or tricks, can you see what I'm missing?

I do appreciate your help.

Hi,

I have a Treo 700WX and Go510. They recognize each other. I have the phone establish a new partnership and automatically look. It finds the TomTom and sees it as TomTomGo. I feel great. I ask the TomTom to search and it finds the Treo and I say yes to connect to the Treo and I feel great. Then it asks for the passcode and I enter 0000 and choose enter and the TT just stops at 40% and after a while gives me a Phone Disconnected Do you want to try again dialog. That makes me sad.

All I want is the handsfree to work so my wife observes safe driving habits. Can anyone help out? I hope so, I sure would love to be able to use this feature, I just can't get her comfortable with the ear peiece. I feel like she would really use it on the TT.

I don't care about the other plus services, just handsfree.

Thanks to anyone that can help at all.

have you run the 700WX update from verizon yet?
delete the original partnership
once you have,
do a soft reset of the phone
reset the tomtom
make sure the 700wx is discoverable

Thanks David.

I think that's it. It's an Alltel not a Verizon. There doesn't appear to be a firmware update for the Alltel model. I'm on version TREO 700WX 1.11 ROWEN.

I'm risky by nature, but does anyone know if I'll screw up the phone trying to add the Verizon update to it?

Thanks for all your help.

i got my 700w to work after messing with it for weeks, i routed the mic correctly and all i heard from everyone i talked to was WHAT, I CAN'T HEAR YOU, DID YOU GET A NEW PHONE, save yourself a ton of time and aggravation buy a good bluetooth headset

Ask a Question