Please Help Me - Go510 - Red "X", wont start

TomTom Model(s)
Hello all,

I have tried today to update my Go510

now the tom tom will not start the menu, basically if attached to the computer the screen has a image showing the SD card being removed (animated).

If the TomTom is not attached the screen just shows a picture of the tom tom.

The desktop manager has maps in, but the stupid device wont start.

I have tried a few things off of the TomTom forum with no luck.

Any help is gratefully recieved.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
forgot to mention. The sreen shows the animation of the SD card being removed, then a red cross appears through it.

Have you tried to reboot the unit (don't know whether there is a reset hole on that model or whether you need to hold the power button about 10 seconds till you hear the drum sounds)

trying to add a new favourite now to see if that works, its doing something but taking ages.

Thanks

now its not showing at all
I have no response from the device at all. i can use it only on my pc.
I cant even reset the device via the desktop manager.

Getting annoyed

the TomTom on my compuyter show in the 'J' frive, is this correct?
The drive letter will normally depend upon what other drives (or devices recognized as drives) are on your computer. The drive letter associated with my XXL540 depends upon whether it is connected to my desktop or to my netbook.

With best wishes:
- Tom -

is there no way of resetting the device back to the day it eas purcahsed without having access to the device itself?

Roy, we can't quite tell - have you done the suggestions given by supermod Andy_P in one of the above posts?

is there no way of resetting the device back to the day it eas purcahsed without having access to the device itself?
It is at a minimum necessary to be able to reliably access your unit by your computer in order to accomplish that, and it assumes that you have backed up your unit (in particular, your map) at some point in the past.

I dont think it has been backed up previously.

Switched the device on today and no different, however, i can access it via my computer. However, unable to perform a reset via the computer. It like the computer/device are not connected.

Sorry to be a pain.

in fact this morning on my Tom tom home there are no maps found. It would appear im going backwards.

Can you confirm that you can see the contents of the TomTom in Windows Explorer? If so, can you confirm that you have now made a backup?

Can you confirm whether you have gone through the steps in BOTH of the links I provided?

Ask a Question