help me

Hi, I had a Tom Tom before, and I really liked it, but it got stolen. I knew I shouldn't have left it on the dash...Anyway, I am looking to purchase another one and the main reason is because of the "Help Me" feature. I love to take my son on road trips by myself, and now we are moving to another state for a new job, and there are long stretches of road way out in the boonies with no cell phone service. So, if I were to break down in the middle of nowhere, could I possibly call for help with the TomTom even if there is no cell phone service? Please exuse me if that is a silly question. Technology is not my area of expertise. Thanks in advance.

The Help Me function will only offer you phone numbers relative to your position it then uses your mobile phone to dial out or in the case of an XL or One it simply displays the number for you to dial the number on your phone - If you don't have a signal its of little use to be honest - Mike

Ask a Question