Help me choose a Tomtom for Christmas ;)

Hello all,

I am going to purchase a TT and have been reading up on them.I still have a few questions though.....

I live in Vancouver Canada and do a lot of driving.

1) How terrible is the Easy Menu? Should I avoid it?

2) I definitely want lifetime Map updates, but I dont know if lifetime traffic will be good enough. Is it a noticeable difference by subscribing to LIVE? Is it worth it? Benefits of LIVE in general?

3) Any other advice or suggestions you can give to a "Noob" would be great.

Thanks in advance

Oh shoot!

This is probably in the wrong part of the forum!

Moderator would you kindly move this to the best place for it?

Cheers!

I'd avoid Easy Menu models, myself. But if you want 'quick and dirt', they're ok.

There are NO Live Services available in Canada.

The rds-tmc lifetime traffic with models that have it available cover 4 cities in Canada. Vancouver is one of them.

Ahhhhh...

Ok thank you.

That is good to know that there is ZERO Live services in Canada.I would have been a wee bit upset to figure that out after my purchase.

So my first instinct was the 350TM but then I started to learn about easy menu and have thought against it.

Which model is similar that you might suggest?

Well, the 340TM or the 540 TM models are two to consider. The 540 has a 5" scrren while the 340 has a 4.3" screen.

The 540 has a compass on the status bar. And the volume can be set to the speed of the auto.

I found the xl350tm for $119.00 and the xl340TM for $139.00

Im thinking I should spend the extra $20 to avoid the easy menu?

Ask a Question