HELP!!!!! Kate is GONE!!

TomTom Model(s)
GO 910
I just updated my GO 910 and now all my computer voices are GONE! I used to use the british Kate voice to announce street names and stuff. Any clue on how I get them back? I don't see how to add things from the CD in this new version of TomTom Home.

Why on earth would I need a backup? :confused: Hehe Nope, didn't make one. Of course. I thought, man that would take forever and this is just and update. Didn't figure they'd nab my voices. This stinks! :mad: I've checked on the CD's that I have here and she's not on any of them. Would it be possible for another GO 910 user to copy her off theirs?

Sorry to hear that, but that is why we STRESS backup your units especially the maps and computer voices as its the only copy you will have. The maps and computer voices does not come with the CD packaged with the unit.

The only way you can get them back unfortunately, is to send your unit to TomTom.

If you have them on the CD, launch TomTom HOME with the CD in the drive and it will recognize the available content from the CD.

I just tested this myself after the update.

Lost Oomputer Voices

I just updated my GO 910 and now all my computer voices are GONE! I used to use the british Kate voice to announce street names and stuff. Any clue on how I get them back? I don't see how to add things from the CD in this new version of TomTom Home.

I also lost all computer voices when I needed to reformat my 910. Post below is correct that the unit needs to be sent back to TT for replacement of the computer voice (or so they say). I may try to wrestle a demo unit out of Office Depot and see if I can download them onto Home.

Ok, I called TomTom and it's all arranged to send it back. I get the feeling the support people aren't too happy with the new updates. One thing that got me is that they told me there were only two computer voices. I know I had at least 4, two US English ones and two UK English ones. Did everyone get the UK voices?

They there are 4 English Computer voices. There are more computer voices in other languages.
This equals to 4GB of space!

Ask a Question