HELP!!! Ive broken my tt rider in 12 hours.

I only got this item 12 hours or so ago, and its giving me the dreaded red cross with the SD card.

The only thing is that I didnt make a backup, I was going to do so when I added all my POI's etc, I havent even installed the mount and it wont work anymore.

If I insert the card into my PC it says "The disk is not formatted, would you like to format now"

I have no idea what to do now, please can someone help me :-D

Thanks

Kev

I only got this item 12 hours or so ago, and its giving me the dreaded red cross with the SD card.

The only thing is that I didnt make a backup, I was going to do so when I added all my POI's etc, I havent even installed the mount and it wont work anymore.

If I insert the card into my PC it says "The disk is not formatted, would you like to format now"

I have no idea what to do now, please can someone help me :-D

Thanks

Kev

It sounds like the FAT is corrupted. I'm not familiar with this particular model...does it have an SD card slot? If so, I would suggest the following:
1) Take a blank SD card and place it in your TomTom
2) Plug the TomTom into the PC and start TomTom HOME
3) TomTom HOME should recognize that you don't have any operating system (TomTom application) and no QuickGPSfix and prompt you if you want to download and install them.....select all the files and INSTALL
4) Once you have the operating system, you now need the maps. Go to TOOLS -> USE LATEST MAP GUARANTEE Home should recognize that you don't have any maps and allow you to download the latest version you are permitted to have.

Once you've done the above, you should be set.

If you don't have an SD card and don't have a backup, the only option is to say YES to reformat it and follow my above procedure.

Hopefully you made a backup. I'd try to get a 2GB SD card, load the backup onto it, then insert it.

You have a couple of options here.

1. Return to store you purchased, or

2. Call the TT support line. I have found them to be very helpful and knowledgable. If it is connected to TT Home while you speak to them, they can probably fix you right up.

When you bought the unit, did you download TT Home and then connect to it with your device for authentication and updates?

I am assuming you have the TT Rider and not the TT Rider2.

My TTR2 works very nicely.

Cheers!

Rick in Canada

Ask a Question