Help with Go Live 1005 (power issue)

TomTom Model(s)
GO LIVE 1005
Hi

I bought a Go Live 1005 in 28/12/2011 at DARTY Magasin in Belgium (ina trip) and I live in Brazil. I used it until today and now I have a problem. Allways I remove the power source, it will turn off (even if the battery status is at 85 %).

I contacted the support and they inform that it is possible to send the device to repair (I will pay for the shipping) but it is not possible to send back to Brazil. I need to inform a europe adress.

I dont know how to proceed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sandro

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure there isn't a battery savings setting of Turn OFF when external power lost that is checked?

Yes

It is a defect. I tried everything possible. The device dont turn on without de power cable.

Sandro

The device turn off instantly and with a little noise and the battery is full.

Sounds as if it indeed is faulty. Will be letting a contact at TomTom know about your situation. Maybe they can help you out.........

I did. They said to send to repair but they send back to Brazil so I dont know what to do.

Now I have the most expensive black brick...

I find it hard to believe they cannot send a WARRANTY repair back to anywhere in the world,
Hopefully dhn's contact can hammer some sense into the customer service droids.

I find it hard to believe they cannot send a WARRANTY repair back to anywhere in the world,
Hopefully dhn's contact can hammer some sense into the customer service droids.

You can believe. They inform that I would to pay the shipping costs and they would retun only to a Europe adress.

So my GPS is lost....!!!

Well there's nothing about it in their warranty documentation. It even says that if you send it back under guarantee after 180 days they are entitled to charge reasonable return postage costs.

If dhn's contact has not luck, you can get them to send it to me and *I'll* post it on to you.

Thanks a lot for your offer.

I'm very disappointed with TomTom. I expected a better attention. Before I travel to Europe in December I asked by phone and they informed that this device was fully operational in Brazil, including Traffic information, IQ Routes and Electronic Voice and and none of it works. Nobody tell me anything about warranty policies.

I bought a Brazil map (44 euros), another power cable and a case.

I'm thinking about selling the GPS. What do you think? Would someone be interested?

Sandro

Hi,
I bought a Go Live 1005 a few months ago but I'm beginning to regret it. The device does not switch on when needed even if connected with the power cable. I have to wait till the battery is charged. This is quite a nuisance if you need it quickly.
I sent it in for servicing and it was returned stating that it had been reset to factory settings and a new software installed. So I connect it to the power cable and try to switch it on but nothing happens. Is this normal? I had other Tomtom models and never had this problem.
Has anyone experienced the same problem?
Ed

No, it is not normal. Can you try holding the power button about 15 seconds to see if you can hear the drum sounds? That is rebooting the unit.

Right now the battery is charged so it switched on. I'll have to try again when it discharges.
So should I always hold the power button for 15 seconds when switching on?

No, that shouldn't be necessary. Normally, just hoding the power button a couple of seconds should power up the unit.

Hi

Today TomTom (in Brazil) contacted me. Since the 1005 model does not exist here, they offered me to change by 1530 model with the Brazil's and Europe's maps.

I do not know if I accept or insist on the return of my money. Do you know if this model (1530) is better or worst than 1505?

Which are the differences?

Thanks in advance

Sandro

But use a new email address for registering the 1530.
That advice from dhn deserves repeating.

This is how TomTom tracks your registrations, and there have been reports of problems when two devices are registered at the same e-mail address. Supposedly, you can even use an imaginary address as long as it is different from one you have previously used. Personally, I'm a little wary of that, so I have created real accounts on Yahoo Mail for this purpose. (I believe that Hotmail, gMail, etc should work equally well.)

With best wishes,
- Tom -

Thanks a lot for your offer.

I'm very disappointed with TomTom. I expected a better attention. Before I travel to Europe in December I asked by phone and they informed that this device was fully operational in Brazil, including Traffic information, IQ Routes and Electronic Voice and and none of it works. Nobody tell me anything about warranty policies.

I bought a Brazil map (44 euros), another power cable and a case.

I'm thinking about selling the GPS. What do you think? Would someone be interested?

Sandro
Hi Sandro; theres nothing wrong with your divise as far I can understand about your power issue; I initially had the same problem with my 1005 tomtom, you just need to go to your settings or manual and change the power mode. If you still struggling contact Tomtom support they should guide you easy.
Good like and enjoy your navigator 1005.

Ask a Question