Help Help Help

TomTom Model(s)
ONE 130s
I bought a TT ONE 130s on Friday. I have maps 8.010 which I think is the newest please tell me if I'm wrong

I bought it mainly for the fact that it does announce street names. I am planning a big trip from GA to SC which is another reason I bought it. So I set it up in my home (I get 6-8 satellites in my home) and I have planned so called "practice routes" some up to 20miles from my home. I haven't used it in the car yet.

However, it will only announce the first 2 street names that I need to turn on.It also doesn't not display the dots on the map. I have tried to reset the factory setting and it doesn't do any good. I have also looked at the TOMTOM web site no luck there either.:(

Is this because I'm not outside or traveling in the car? Will fix itself when I do travel? If not, can anyone tell me how (or where I have to go) to fix this problem?:confused:

8.010 is the navcore operating system, which is the current one. It's not the map version. The current US/Canada map is 720.

It sounds like it's operating correctly. You need to get into your vehicle and see it continues announcing the street names as you drive the route. It will not "speak" until you need the instruction. If you're not actually driving the route, then it won't talk to you.

If you travel, it should be good.

Ask a Question