Help big time

Hey All i never have updated my Go 710 Map Until now i have just paid for over the net for the latest Map installation and no matter what i do the system is telling me that there is no space availiable considereing i have paid for it i would love to use it???

Regards and Thanks for your help
Mixrx7

Welcome to the forum, its quite possible the SD card in your 710 isn't large enough for the new map which is considerably larger than earlier versions. Connect the device to your PC with the nav unit switched on, go to Windows Explorer and look at the drive letters listed, one of the letters will be for your TomTom, right click the letter associated with the TomTom and select "Properties" what is the size of the card (capacity) and how much is available.
You might need a new 2GB card in order to get the map to install - Mike

Welcome to TTF.

I assume it is the install process that is saying there is not enough room.......

Your downloaded new map will be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\maps\

If indeed you find it there, then I'd:
1. Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents.
2. Delete the contents of your specific map folder but not the folder itself
3. Try Home's install again.

If that doesn't work, see here:
https://www.tomtomforums.com/genera...nstall-downloaded-map-without-using-home.html

------------------------
Just saw supermod's Mike response. Try his suggestion first!!

Thanks Guys its a 2.41 MB card why must you pay for exrta stuff when all i need is a new map i could of bought a whole new GPS for less then i just paid for the map can i buy any SD Card or does it have to be a specific one from Tom Tom?
Mick

As long as the card is a decent quality one you can use anything in it, note it must be of the SD type NOT the SDHC, you can purchase the card from anywhere it certainly doesn't have to originate from TomTom - Mike

Ask a Question