Having a problem with my ONE

TomTom Model(s)
ONE
I used my ONE on a trip to my sister's and back today and it worked flawlessly.

When I got home I turned it off and it seemed to hang up on the graphic showing putting the ONE into a briefcase. I unplugged the power cable from the car, figuring the ONE would still function on battery, but it instantly shut off.

When I got in the house I turned it back on because I wanted to add a new favorite. I got the graphic of the SD card with an X through it, and that's it.

I reset it several times but get the same graphic when I start it. I took the card out and put it in my card reader. When I try to access is, the computer says, "Insert a disk in drive G:", so the computer isn't even seeing the card.

I can't re-install to the card because it's not being seen. I tried Home but it doesn't find anything installed on my ONE. I put the original disk in the ONE and it works fine.

The SD card I've been using is a Kingston 2 gb card which I had installed the new North American maps on.

Any suggestions on salvaging the card? I have a trip coming at the end of the week and don't have time to order a new card.

Thanks,
Jim

So if you placed the SD card in the ONE and then connecting it to HOME, does the APP recognize the card? can you access the SD card through the TT device?

No, HOME doesn't recognize the card either. I think I trashed it somehow. I was hoping to be able to format it and start over, but Windows doesn't see it at all.

I ordered a new one from Amazon, hopefully it'll come before my trip.

Jm

No, HOME doesn't recognize the card either. I think I trashed it somehow. I was hoping to be able to format it and start over, but Windows doesn't see it at all.

I ordered a new one from Amazon, hopefully it'll come before my trip.

Jm

Yikes! Well I hope it comes quick.

Just another suggestion, if you have another comp perhaps you can try and see if the SD card is recognized there.

I wonder why so many people seem to be having this same problem with their ONE hanging at the screen with the SD card and the X through it.

I got my new 2 gb card today. It would have been a snap, but although I'd backed up my old maps twice, I had not backed up the new maps. So I reinstalled an old backup, downloaded updates, and then re-installed the new maps from the DVD. All is working again now and I'm doing a fresh backup as I type this.

Jim

I wonder why so many people seem to be having this same problem with their ONE hanging at the screen with the SD card and the X through it.

I hope the built-in memory on the new TT ONEs can't get trashed so easily. You can't just run out and buy another memory chip at BestBuy!

A question we don't yet know the answer to is whether you can run the new v3 ONE from the SD card slot if the built-in one dies.

Ask a Question