Hate new update (FM transmitter option missing) but can't restore

Yes, it's worth a try........

Do make another backup using Explorer for your FUNCTIONAL (!!) unit, please.

I already have 2 functional back-ups: pre- and post-firmware updates.

Anyway, so now I have my favourites back, I have a working dukebox, and i have instructions via FM transmitter. Hopefully that's everything and I'm never gonna upgrade again.

I was a little worried after the factory reset. It asked me to select a language - in Estonian (I think. Eesti?) but I guessed "no" correctly.

Thanks again for all your help DHN.

Quick question.

What was the firmware of the original Go 730?

And any chance I can find this firmware to restore, as I was no clue about backups before I found this forumn

I may just hang on.

I got too tired looking at forums with all the grief and blows to my newly bought Tomtom, so I ended up giving a call.

I was given the update that they will restore the FM function on US and Australian users. :)

Hopefully this wont take long, I believe we had enough users filing a complain about it each time till they are tired of it.

But Thanks for the link, I probably get it just in case.

I had already been advised that TT would restore the fm function with the next application update. . .
a month ago. Obviously the new update is out and no FM restored. How long can you hold your breath?

Guess you have to keep complaining with each firmware update?

That blows, I am just going to try restore back to the original version if thats the case.

oh I am already over it, cant be stuffed to revert back as you need new maps and firmware for the IQ routes etc....

Is a feature I believe is lost and they have no clue how much they have upset some new tomtom customers.

and when it comes back it won't be back in the same version. You will be forced to listen to continuous MP3's even if you don't want to.
Hold on a second... How do you know how the fix will be implemented? Do you have some inside info? What you are describing sounds more like the current hack to get it working again. I've never heard TomTom mention that in their fix it will require MP3s to be playing. That would make sense in the countries where it is illegal to broadcast white noise, but the whole purpose of the fix is to enable voice prompts without using the MP3 player.

Sure seems like you have some inside info that we haven't seen before about exactly how this fix will be built. Can you tell us more?

I'll repost my advice from another thread hijacked by TomTomFraud. If all members could cooperate and NOT REPLY TO ANY FURTHER POSTS BY TOMTOMFRAUD. He was given good advice at another forum where he wore out his welcome. . . He's chosen to ignore it. There is absolutely nothing more to be learned from any of his posts on the FM function and responding only seems to encourage him.

IF TomTom releases the FM Transmission in the way that TomTom FRAUD says, requiring you to play mp3's in addition to the directions, you can easily work around this if you don't want music playing also. Simply make a blank mp3 track of 20 or 30 sec., set it as the track to play in Jukebox on repeat. Since the TomTom will be playing an mp3, it will allow the FM Transmission, and since it is a blank mp3, there will be no sound, except your turn by turn directions.

IF TomTom releases the FM Transmission in the way that TomTom FRAUD says, requiring you to play mp3's in addition to the directions, you can easily work around this if you don't want music playing also. Simply make a blank mp3 track of 20 or 30 sec., set it as the track to play in Jukebox on repeat. Since the TomTom will be playing an mp3, it will allow the FM Transmission, and since it is a blank mp3, there will be no sound, except your turn by turn directions.

I have been in communication with TomTom headquarters and they indicate the fix has not been released and there is an estimated release date sometime at the end of April that will hopefully include a fix for FM transmission, however, as TomTomFRAUD stated, it will not be like it was before. So, yes, to have silence you will need to create a blank MP3 that loops, if the fix ever comes. The engineer at TomTom was very nice about it and says he knows there are many complaints about this and they are screaming at TomTom to fix it. So far, no fix since Dec. 2008. How long can you wait?

Fm transmissions using the Go 910

I'm new to this Forum but have a 910 and for some reason it does not seem possible to pick up any transmission of my MP3 music files on the car radio when selecting the FM tranmission system. Is this a general problem or am I being stupid? I read of people using the Belkin relay tx but that's defeating the object, in any case there is only one power feed and if you are using that for the TomTom on a long journey you can't use the Belkin at the same time. Any one able to advise me?

What have you set your speaker preferences for? S/B a setting for mp3 to use fm or internal.

The FM transmitter was fitted in to an accessory mount for the x10 devices, are you sure you have the correct type of mount as a standard one won't carry out the FM Tx function as the hardware isn't fitted - Mike

I'm new to this Forum but have a 910 and for some reason it does not seem possible to pick up any transmission of my MP3 music files on the car radio when selecting the FM tranmission system. Is this a general problem or am I being stupid? I read of people using the Belkin relay tx but that's defeating the object, in any case there is only one power feed and if you are using that for the TomTom on a long journey you can't use the Belkin at the same time. Any one able to advise me?

If you go the Belkin route (available for $30 at Walmart), you can also get a cigarette lighter adapter splitter to keep the tomtom charged. I bought my splitter a long time ago for $15, it's probably $20 or less at Walmart today.

Ask a Question