Hate to say, but TT has once again pushed me away

TomTom Model(s)
GO LIVE 1535M and XXL-540TM
All I look for in a device, regardless of what it is, is for it to do what it is intended to do. My Live 1535M does not live up to that.

• My GPS reception is at ~75% all the time, regardless of weather, open sky, car I'm in etc.; so it gets lost a lot and off route.

• Also, I am not paying to renew the Live services as they only work about 40% of the time... leaving me with a spinning circle in my traffic bar at the most inopportune times.

• Not to mention the absolutely painful lag in the OS when doing anything. (I constantly reset it too)

• The thing that aggravates me the most is the MyTomTom... what a worthless pile... I have 5 updates waiting for me on my 1535 that I cannot get... I give up.
I pulled my old Garmin 1390LMT out of the closet, plugged it into my laptop and had absolutely no issues updating the firmware, nor the maps... I didn't even have to log in to Garmin... it just knew what device I had and did it.

This is the 2nd time I've left, and I probably won't be back. :(

I understand your position completely......

Just to check one thing, do you have the latest (12.055) application on the device?

Won't argue with any of that, but am curious about your first comment. When you say "My GPS reception is at ~75% all the time", how many satellites are you seeing when you report that number? Of interest, the 'signal strength' is only an average of those satellites for which you have a lock, and the number locked is equally as important. 75% with 4 satellites locked vs. 75% with 10 satellites locked makes a HUGE difference. The reporting isn't done quite as it was with your old 540, so the interpretation is quite different.

75% with any reasonable number of satellites (6 or more) is more than good enough for a solid road lock.

I'll check both of those items... canderson, my complaint is that I'm constantly being pushed off route at that ~75%, if I even drive under an overpass... my map spins around and locks again when on the other side of the 2 lane overpass. Other times I am placed on the next road over or 2 roads over.

As stated, I will check both your question and canderson's

I am guessing that I don't since I can't get MyTomTom to work again... I haven't updated in a few months... since the previous map version... but I will check when I leave my office today.

Ask a Question