Hate the new simple gui

TomTom Model(s)
V1 /V2 / V3 /V4/ GO720T/XL"1"+Xl"2"
on my most recent updated one XL iq routes europe i have the new simple gui , one thing i hate the most that the darn thing only flashes when i am speeding ..:bump:

on my other tom toms i have the "old"gui with sound warning :thumb:

Now the simple question ..

Is there a fix or do i have to live with it :eek:

1273227152.jpeg

new gui

532_1.jpg

Old gui

the difference is visible , with the new gui you get the black bar below first and when you press on options you get the same screen as the old gui.

but in the old gui there is a vissible and auditive warning when speeding (boing) but with the new gui there is only a boing heard with flash camera's but not when speeding the bar only flashes red ..

this as a update of the previous post ..

What you have there is called the XL IQRoutes2. The original XL IQRoutes had the menu you prefer. We find a lot of users do not like the 'new' "EasyMenu" user interface. If you look here, you'll get an idea of which models have it and which use the old style menu that most of us prefer: https://www.tomtomforums.com/t21826-tomtom-model-feature-reference-updated-11-2-2011-a.html

There's no "fix" for it, I'm afraid.

Hi Canderson.

:thumb:Thanks for the update. Yeah i am a oldschool kind of guy most of my TTgoodies have the Old interface

I might have a fix for your silent overspeed warnings.... (I THINK that's an issue you slipped in at the top of your post!)

If this is the model/software I'm thinking of, TT have decided in their wisdom to set the overspeed warnings "on" by default, but to set the warning sound effect used to "silence".

Trouble is, there's a menu bug where once the warnings are set to "on" then you don't see the following menu where the sound is selected.

Try turning the overspeed warning "off", then exit the menu, come back in and turn it on again. Now you should get a new menu screen allowing you to choose a different sound effect.

I might have a fix for your silent overspeed warnings.... (I THINK that's an issue you slipped in at the top of your post!)

If this is the model/software I'm thinking of, TT have decided in their wisdom to set the overspeed warnings "on" by default, but to set the warning sound effect used to "silence".

Trouble is, there's a menu bug where once the warnings are set to "on" then you don't see the following menu where the sound is selected.

Try turning the overspeed warning "off", then exit the menu, come back in and turn it on again. Now you should get a new menu screen allowing you to choose a different sound effect.
:thumb: thanks Andy i will try that out foir shure ..:thumb:

i seldom speed (allthough my icon is that of the tazmain devil) but occassionally my foot is sometimes heavier than it should be (nice excuse folks):)

I don't speed either.... they just keep reducing the speed limits around me! ;)

Ask a Question