Grabbed a TT XXl540tm

TomTom Model(s)
TT One XL-S & TT XXL540TM
So after three + faithful (mostly) years with my TT XL-s I just grabbed a TT xxl 540tm ($169 on hsn with the ac charger not just the dc one). Have new JK Unlimited and wanted a little more screen real estate and free map updates, had to go. Especially with Dick turning into a stuttering fool on my old XL-s!
A couple questions, will the lack of an sd card really hurt? I am not a voice freak so won't miss the room for those, but I do tend to make some custom POI's and would hate to run low there. Also anyone know if I can use my new and improved Jeep Wrangler icon (Red Rock Crystal) on the 540 without resorting to all the hacks I had to do to play around on the XL-s with?
I will give a bit of a report on this baby soon (beginning of October vacation, it will have a long way to go to beat out the old XL-s which took me to Florida and Mississipi flawlessly from and to CT with only a bit of stuttering from the voice to show for it.

That looks like a pretty good price Joe. It's one of the models I'm considering (still using a 3rd edition which is 2.5 yrs old with old map).

The XXL 540 has 2 gig of internal memory... which should be enough I think, but somewhere I read that the map version might be a bit different than the XXL-540 WTE (World Traveler Edition)... which has 4 gig. The WTE model is first on my list.

Let us know how your new TT works. :)

Last edited:
USA_Canada_Mex map is the same in both units. The WTE also comes with Western_Europe but that map (in very fine print on the box) is not eligible for lifetime updates.

Ask a Question