Google's Send to GPS function

I wanted to know if anyone is getting the same error that I do when using Google's Map or there is something wrong with my unit. I looked up several restaurants in the area that I will be visiting and when I try to send the information to TomTom, I get the following information: Component Returned Failure Code 0x8000405 ( NS_ERROR_FAILURE )[ InslStringBundle.formatStringFromName]. It does not matter if I use IE or Firefox, I get the same error code.
I checked TomTom's website and I have the latest firmware, and TomTom Home. Can someone confirm that they get the same thing.... thanks

I am having the same problem...it seems like it's the software...you may go press the 'back' button on TomTom Home...and you may then add it manually.
I will re-install the TomTom package first before I try anything else.
Cheers
CVV

I am having the same problem...it seems like it's the software...you may go press the 'back' button on TomTom Home...and you may then add it manually.
I will re-install the TomTom package first before I try anything else.
Cheers
CVV

thanks CVV, I have tried to re-install TomTom Home and still get the error... oh cheers and happy new year...:)

I get the Send>GPS option in Google Maps...but I then get an error when it tries to install the TomTom button - it reads:

"Unfortunately, TomTom HOME cannot add the item to your TomTom device because there is something wrong with the button."

I am confused as to what is happening here...is Google Maps trying to install something in my TomTom HOME application? I can't see how that is linked as I am browsing Google Maps in a web browser (Mac FireFox) and TomTom HOME is a completely separate application...how can they be linked?

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 378
The Mac version of HOME doesn't support this function, I got the same error using Safari on my Mac. Evidently you need version 2.x of HOME and that's only available for Windows at the present time.

Component Failure/Blank Icons/Google Maps Errors

Hi Guys,
I've contacted TomTom and in talking with software/engineering support...and of course sending them a gif dump of my error, they have figured that Google has a problem with posting the link to the TomTom. The link of course enables TomTom, but the software (TomTom Home) doesn't exactly know how to handle it...hence some users are getting this error. If you hit the 'back' button, you should be able to insert your data. I think we all know that there will be software glitches with some machines. :) The best thing to do is email TomTom a dumping of your screen when the error occurs...this way they can continue to investigate. There is nothing wrong with the hardware...

Happy New Year to All!

Cheers!
CVV

I'm still having this problem with the code. As a result of that it will not allow me to install the new software. any ideas how to bypass this>?

Does the TT need to be connected at the time for this to work or can you do this offline

Ask a Question