GoLive 2050 Map Updating Fail

TomTom Model(s)
GoLive 2050
I just bought a GoLive 2050 World. It contains europe, us/ca, se asia, au, nz maps. First I updated the australian map, it's a small map, everything went fine. Then I began to update the rest of the maps. After 2.5 hour's downloading, it began the installing process, which took a long time. When I came back to check the installation, I found "Something went wrong ..." showing on the device. Then I checked the MyTomTom, the old version of EU map was not shown in My Maps. I tried to install the new US/CA map, the same thing happened.

The current MyTomTom condition is, I have the new AU, NZ, SE Asia maps in my device, and the new EU, US/CA maps in My Account. Total 5 maps, no old maps. But it shows, the used memory is 6980.21MB, only 445.28MB free. It seems the old EU and US/CA maps has been removed but the memory has not been freed.

But when I do switch maps with the device, I can see EU and US/CA maps still in the device, they are old version.

Now the old EU and US/CA maps are not shown in the device in MyTomTom, I can't remove them to make enough space for the new version of map. What should I do to install the new maps?

You may need to call CS to have them perform a job to remove old maps from your device.

Australia
1300 135 604

Monday-Friday:
9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST

They can do it remotely. They send the jobs to your account to clear the old maps but you may need 2nd level support to assist. First level may not have the tools.

Ask a Question