GoLive825 extra maps.

EJB

TomTom Model(s)
GoLive 825
The maps for Europe are zoned.
When we are travelling in Europe there is a need for us to change from one zone to another.
The problem is:-
It's not possible to load 2 zones at the same time.
We won't have a suitable broadband connection to change zones whilst on the move.
Is it possible to load a second zone onto an SD card prior to leaving then change over during the trip.

I don't wish to keep 'Live' after it's initial 12 months.

Could I revert the machine to the 'normal' full European map without cost?

Thank You.

Your 825 has a uSD card slot that you could use to alleviate the memory issue, and yes, maps will load there as needed when MyDrive determines that it is necessary. In fact, with a decent sized uSD card, as you suggest, you can avoid the zone issue altogether.

Recommend an 8GB Class 6 card. Class 10 would be overkill and will probably cost a little more.

Thanks....I will try that.....However, can I use/install the zone that is on the SD card without an internet connection?

Thanks....I will try that.....However, can I use/install the zone that is on the SD card without an internet connection?
Yup. That is one of the benefits of the unit. You do not need any external connection except reception of signals from enough GPS satellites to allow the device to determine where you are located. (Obviously you need to be located in the area covered by the map that is on your device. A North American map will not do you any good in Europe, and vice versa,)

- Tom -

Ask a Question