GOLIVE2050: Wont allow Australian map to be loaded

TomTom Model(s)
GOLIVE2050
I have just received a replacement for previou GO2050 that had power problem after 2 months. After spending 2 hours loading via the computer, I find it wont allow me to load an Australian map. I have uninstalled all others, and plenty of room on device. It shows as being installed on 'my content', but it isn't there.

What maps are on the device? Have you tried Manage maps-->switch map ??

Aussie CS:

Australia
1300 135 604
Monday-Friday:
9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST

What maps are on the device? Have you tried Manage maps-->switch map ??

Aussie CS:

Australia
1300 135 604
Monday-Friday:
9:00 am to 5:30 pm AEST
The map was there but after the updates I got the message "problem with a map. You cannot use this map on this device:Australia - 510". I uninstalled it, then re installed it, still the same message. I have uninstalled all other maps, then reinstalled AUS but same result.

By any chance did you own another TomTom prior to the purchase of your 2050?

When you first registered your 2050, did you originally attempt to use the old email address from your other unit? If so, and that was not corrected properly by tech support, that may still have something to do with the problem.

I'm also a little fascinated by the "510" number. Not sure where that's coming from.

Thanks for that.
I did absolutely nothing before speaking to TT . I couldn't get the normal reg screen because of a confounded advert that stops you from entering country. STraight to phone. TT walked me through the process. Guess I will waste another 50 minutes of my life again today. Thanks for the info

So I noticed from your IP info that you are from Australia. What map(s) was(were) on the device previously? Had your unit come originally with an Australian map, or was it purchased elsewhere, and then you purchased an Australian map, or ??? Trying to get my hands around how all of this started and why you're trying to install the Australian map (and its source).

Hi. Purchased in Australia. Had world maps including australia. I went to TT site with help of TT phone support to register etc. it showed upgrades, and I connected to net thru laptop and did upload. The unit defaulted to Europe maps, I went to map change icon to change to oz.
Appreciate your interest
Thanks

Seems the wrong Australia map was assigned to your account. I'm afraid that it'll require another CS call to straighten this out and assign the appropriate one.

Ask a Question